Cops raided my home & kept me in a cell for 15 hours after wrongly accusing me of murdering my wife – they were thugs | The Sun

A WIDOWER has been left furious after cops raided his home and kept him in a cell for 15 hours after they wrongly accused him of murdering his wife.

Alfred Gee said "thug" officers stormed into his home in Greater Manchester hours after his wife died.

The 87-year-old received a call from doctors telling him his beloved wife Margaret, 60, had died in hospital.

But the devastated widower didn't have time to mourn as police rushed to his home the same day to arrest him.

Alfred said officers threatened to break down the front door of his home in Stockport.

He told MailOnline: "I was on the phone to the doctor who said: 'I'm sorry to tell you Mr Gee but your wife has passed away.

Read More UK News


Woman and man arrested over 'murder' of baby found strangled near theme park


Met Office issues 'danger to life' warning amid freak floods & 70mph wind in HOURS

"As he was talking there was a load of very loud bangs on my front door by the police."

The confused pensioner was told that doctors found bruises on his wife's body.

Without time to be questioned, he was then cuffed and taken to the police station on suspicion of murder.

He explained: "They had me sat down in the chair and then they said: 'What do you know about these bruises on her body?'

Most read in The Sun


Girl, 10, who fell pregnant after ‘rape by 14-yr-old’ is ordered to get abortion


James Haskell spotted without wedding ring – as wife Chloe takes hers off


I was one of the UK’s biggest music stars – but I lost thousands ‘betting’

mixing it up

Leigh-Anne Pinnock hints husband Andre Gray CHEATED with cryptic comment

"But after ten minutes of that, the officer told me to get up and put my hands up.

"He then snapped the cuffs on me and told me he was arresting me for the murder of my wife."

The shocked man said they cordoned his property and made him walk down the street in handcuffs.

Alfred added: "It was the shock of my life. How can they accuse me of murdering my wife?

"What sort of world are we living in? Where is the compassion?

"I loved my wife. I'm shattered – my world has gone. And all this because they found one bruise on her neck and others on her."

He said police realised they had made a major mistake when a post-mortem later confirmed Margaret had died of natural causes.

When the suspicious bruising was raised by staff at Stepping Hill Hospital, Alfred insisted paramedics had caused it when they performed CPR on her for 30 minutes.

Margaret also suffered from a skin condition – which could have been one of the causes of her bruising.

The coroner recorded her cause of death as a pulmonary embolism and Alfred was finally released.

The former solider is now slamming cops and claimed they acted like "thugs".

Mr Gee fumed: "It is scandalous. It is terrible what they did. They acted like thugs when they arrested me and aren't fit to be called police officers.

"They were just out to get me and didn't check the facts. It's outrageous."

The distressed man now wants to move out his property after the "terrible" experience.

Read More on The Sun


Bargain supermarket is selling Christmas dinner for just £4 a head


Where Big Brother 7 cast are now – from shock death to footballer scandal

"The police have besmirched my name. I feel I can no longer stay in this house. I'm moving to live in a bungalow," he said.

Greater Manchester Police have now sent a letter apologising for their conduct after Alfred complained to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

Source: Read Full Article