Man arrested after kicking young Tory in face in horror attack at Marxist rally

Teenage pro-Capitalism protester attacked at a Marxist rally

A 62-year-old man has been arrested by police after the Express revealed a horror attack on pro-capitalist protesters at a Marxist festival last Saturday.

An 18-year-old member of the pro-capitalist Turning Point group ended up in hospital after being kicked in the head.

Members of the group were attacked by people attending the Marxist Festival outside the School of African and Oriental Studies (SOAS) in Russell Square in central London.

Two others from the group also sustained minor injuries.

A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police has now confirmed to this website that a man has been arrested.

The Met spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 12:55hrs on Saturday, 1 July to reports of an assault during a protest on Russell Square, WC1.

“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended. An 18-year-old man was taken to hospital where he was treated for head and leg injuries. He has since been discharged.

“Two other people sustained minor injuries.

“A 62-year-old man was arrested on 4 July on suspicion of grievous bodily harm [GBH]. He was taken to a police station and was subsequently bailed to return on a date in early October pending further enquiries.

“Enquiries into the circumstances continue.”

Footage has also been seen of other hard-left attendees at the Marxist festival physically attacking other members of the protest group.

Turning Point UK (TPUK), a conservative youth movement, said that initially, their appearance led to debate and discussion among people at the event.

But a spokesman added: “This was until the Socialist Workers’ Party representatives began to stop people from engaging with us and then began to stir up the crowd against us with one ringleader demanding the attendees of the event ‘drive us out’.”

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The teenage victim told the Express of the traumatic events as they unfurled on Saturday.

He said: “Towards the end of the event, Antifa thugs started harassing the women who came with us, who were standing quietly handing out badges. I went to support them, unfortunately ending up being assaulted myself, but the girls escaped relatively unharmed as they turned their attention to me.

“Once I’d eventually escaped the mob, I went to check my legs which had been attacked, when I was suddenly booted in the head…”

The teenager said that he was hospitalised and suffered a fractured knee, chipped teeth, whiplash and a concussion. 

Source: Read Full Article