PRINCE William and Harry will put on a "united front" at the unveiling of Princess Diana's memorial statue despite their reported row, it has been claimed today.
The royal brothers are set attend the July 1 event despite reports they have barely spoken since the Sussexes' bombshelll Oprah interview.
- Visit our Meghan Markle page for the latest updates
Harry, 36, and William, 38, have collaborated on the design of the statue, which will be unveiled at Kensington Palace.
The unveiling on what would have been Diana's 60th birthday comes after Meghan, 39, made incendiary claims that a member of the royal family raised concerns over the colour of baby Archie's skin.
But in The Telegraph's Royal Insight video, associate editor Camilla Tominey, said it's "unthinkable" that Harry or William would pull out of the engagement.
She said: "It's unthinkable that either brother would pull out of the Princess Diana statue event.
"They have to put on a united front."
The sculpture, to be installed in the palace gardens, is the first to commemorate the people’s princess.
Harry and William commissioned the statue to pay tribute to their mum.
Diana died aged 36 in August, 1997, with boyfriend Dodi Fayed, 42, and driver Henri Paul, 41, when their car crashed in Paris.
Officials gave the green light for the statue to be built – raising hopes that the feuding brothers could be reunited this summer.
According to the Daily Mail, planners at the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea have approved the building of the statue – despite having no idea what it would look lik
During the explosive CBS chat with Oprah, Prince Harry said he loved his older brother "to bits" but that they were on "different paths".
Meghan also blasted William’s wife Kate in the tell-all chat.
Prince William later hit back at claims of racism, saying the Windsors were "very much not a racist family".
It had previously been reported that the two brothers had barely spoken for more than a year after Megxit.
William and Harry had "not spoken to each other for months" about Diana's memorial, it was claimed in the aftermath Oprah interview.
"It's a very sad situation but the relationship is so strained that they haven't even been able to pick up the phone to discuss matters," a source told the Daily Mail.
"That's the sad truth."
It was later revealed Harry had spoken to William and Charles for the first time since the Oprah sit-down – but the talks were reportedly "unproductive".
Meghan pal Gayle King revealed she spoke to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in the days after the fallout from the interview.
She said: "Well, I did actually call them to see how they are feeling, it's true, Harry has talked to his brother and his father, too.
"The word I was given was, those conversations were not productive. But they are glad they at least started a conversation."
Harry is yet to return to the UK after moving to the US last year – with Covid travel restrictions stopping him being able to visit his family.
A Buckingham Palace statement after the Oprah interview, saying: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.
“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning.
“Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.”
Offering an olive branch after the interview, it added: “Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”
Source: Read Full Article