Mother, 40, dies in her sleep after going to bed with 'food poisoning'

Mother, 40, dies in her sleep after going to bed with ‘food poisoning’ and is found by her distraught 17-year-old daughter

  • Kerry Gleeson, from Stockport, died suddenly just four days after Christmas
  • Her family waited four weeks to find out she died from a pulmonary embolism 

The family of a 40-year-old mother have been left ‘absolutely devastated’ after she went to bed with suspected food poisoning only to be found dead by her 17-year-old daughter an hour later having suffered a pulmonary embolism.

Kelly Gleeson, from Stockport, Greater Manchester, went to bed at 6pm on December 29 after spending most of the day throwing up.

But her 17-year-old daughter found the care worker unresponsive an hour later, Manchester Evening News reports.

Paramedics were called after daughter Madison made the discovery while at home with her and her father, Jerry.

Kelly Gleeson, 40, from Stockport, died on December 29 after believing she had food poisoning

Paramedics were unable to resuscitate Ms Gleeson (right), who was at home at the time with her husband (left) and daughter Madison

Tragically paramedics were unable to revive Ms Gleeson, and it was four weeks before they discovered her cause of death.

A pulmonary embolism occurs when a blood clot gets stuck in an artery in the lung, blocking blood flow to part of the lung. It is often very sudden and can be life-threatening if not treated quickly.

Her death came just five years after her brother Daniel died from cancer.

Ms Gleeson’s husband Jerry told Manchester Evening News he is ‘absolutely devastated.’

He added: ‘To say I’m heartbroken is an understatement. 22 wonderful years we had together – well, when I wasn’t annoying her. I was good at doing that.

Kelly’s husband Jerry (left) has been left ‘absolutely devastated’ by his wife’s death

What is a pulmonary embolism? 

A pulmonary embolism is the term for when a blood clot becomes trapped in the lungs, blocking an artery.

Clots tend to begin in the leg before travelling up towards the lungs.

It can be very serious and even life-threatening if treatment is not given quickly.

Symptoms include chest or upper back pain, difficulty breathing, coughing up blood and vomiting.

The NHS tells the public to call 999 or go to A&E if a person has severe difficulty breathing, their heart is beating very quickly or they have passed out.

‘I never stopped loving you and I will always love you. I promise I’ll look after our baby girl. The dog is lost. She keeps sitting on the rug staring up at the door, waiting for you to come home.’

Daughter Madison added: ‘My mum was my best friend and we did everything together no matter what. She was the loudest in the room no matter where we were or who she was with.’ 

Ms Gleeson’s sister Jade Rothwell has set up a GoFundMe page to raise funds for her funeral, saying she wants to ‘give my sister the best send-off she deserves’.

She described her as the ‘most loving, most beautiful, caring person’, describing how she ‘screamed’ when she heard the news of her sister’s death.

The mother-of-five rushed to her sister’s house to find paramedics had been unable to resuscitate her, and says it has been ‘lonely and quiet’ without her. 

Friends of Ms Gleeson have shared their heartbreak over their loss, with one writing the day after her death: ‘You really were the light in every room. You never failed to make everyone laugh. 

‘Always wished the best upon everyone, made me smile through some of my worst days without even knowing it. You impacted so many people just by being you. 

‘I hope you have found peace and I hope to god that you can feel the love that everybody is sharing today. Love you always.’

On January 6 friends and family gathered in Stockport and released balloons in Ms Gleeson’s memory. 

Source: Read Full Article