Map reveals missing mum Nicola Bulley’s movements before she vanished while on work call on path she called 'spooky' | The Sun

A MISSING mum who vanished in the middle of a work call was last seen walking her dog by a river she once described as "spooky".

Nicola Bulley disappeared in St Michael's on Wyre, Lancashire, at around 9.15am on Friday.

The alarm was raised an hour later when someone found springer spaniel Willow, with no sign of the 45-year-old, known as Nikki to friends and family.

The dog's harness and lead were then discovered on a nearby bench, along with the mortgage adviser's phone, which was still connected to a conference call.

An extensive search was launched to find the mum-of-two, involving police, firefighters, mountain rescue, underwater teams and the local community.

They continue to scour wooded areas, ditches, water margins and the grounds of an abandoned house, it is said.


Boyfriend of missing mumreveals ‘hell’ after she vanished on dog walk

Yellow wind warnings as ‘danger to life’ gales lash Britain with damage expected

Cops said Nikki was last seen walking east along the towpath of the River Wyre at 9.15am on January 27.

Her belongings and the pup were discovered some way along the route towards Wyreside Farm Caravan Park.

Nikki's employer, Exclusively Mortgages, said she had logged on to the team meeting at 9.01am.

Company director Ben Pociecha told The Telegraph: "It seems as if she was muted and didn’t have her camera on. She was listening in whilst walking her dog.

Most read in The Sun


Jacqueline Jossa breaks silence on Dan Osborne split rumours


Love Island’s Molly-Mae Hague gives birth to daughter with boyfriend Tommy Fury


Latest reaction from FA Cup fifth round draw with EIGHT big ties drawn


Popular high street shop 'could collapse today' as hopes of sale fade

"A lot of people attended the call. The police are investigating."

In November last year, Nikki described the area as "a bit spooky".

After a "very foggy, cold" walk with Willow, she posted several photos of the grey landscape on Facebook.

Yesterday, Nikki's partner of 12 years said her daughters, nine and six, were desperate for their mum to come home.

Speaking at the family home in Inskip, Paul Ansell said: "It is just perpetual hell. Utter disbelief.

"All we can say is we need to find her. She's got two little girls that need their mummy home.

"We have got to get some good news now."


The engineer, 44, said his girlfriend had taken the children to school as normal then headed out on her regular morning dog walk.

He added: "I rang police after I got a call from the school regarding somebody who found Willow and Nikki's phone and the dog lead and harness on the bench.

"We take the kids to school and take the dog down there – either myself or Nikki – nearly every day."

Lancashire Police said they were treating the case as a missing person investigation but were keeping an open mind.

Asked about Nikki's mobile phone, Supt Sally Riley said: "It was on a meeting call and was still live.

"It was connected to the conference call and hadn't been terminated.

"Was there anything to suggest she was attacked? Absolutely not.

"We do believe the likelihood is Nicola has gone missing and this is not a crime inquiry, but we are keeping an open mind.

"People do go missing but clearly as time goes on, we become more and more concerned for Nicola.

"But we're very much hoping we will find something to try to bring her home safe and well soon."

Described as white, 5ft 3in tall with light-brown shoulder-length hair, she was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood.

She was in black jeans and olive green ankle wellies and her hair in a ponytail.

Nikki has an Essex accent and links to the Thornton-Cleveleys area near Blackpool.

Read More on The Sun

I regret my baby’s name…my man picked it but it’s cringe & no-one says it right

People are just realising how Apple got its name – and reason for ‘logo bite’

Anybody who has seen her, or has information about where she might be, is asked to call 101, quoting log 473 of January 27.

The force said to call 999 to report immediate sightings.

Source: Read Full Article