Gunman manhunt after boy, 17, and man, 21, shot in north-west London

Boy, 17, and man, 21, are shot in north-west London sparking desperate police manhunt for gunman

  • The shooting in the early hours of this morning took place in Harlesden
  • The victims are in a stable condition in hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
  • A police cordon remains in place on the high street as police search for gunman 

A 17-year-old boy and a 20-year-old man have been rushed to hospital after a shooting in north-west London in the early hours of this morning – as police are still searching for the gunman.

Emergency services rushed to Craven Park Road in Harlesden after reports were made of a gun being shot. 

Both victims are believed to be in a stable condition in hospital, with non-life-threatening injuries. 

No arrests have been made and enquiries by the Metropolitan Police are ongoing, MyLondon reports. 

Police respond to the shooting in the early hours of Saturday morning in Harlesden, north-west London

Officers were pictured this afternoon searching for evidence along Harlesden’s high street

A large cordon remained in place throughout Saturday and a section 60 is also in place around the area

A section 60 order has been put in place in the area following the incident, which allows police officers to stop and search people without needing to have suspicion of a crime.

In a tweet, Brent police said: ‘Following serious violence, a S60 has been authorised by Insp Owen, starting at 1500hrs on the 20th and ending at 0600hrs on the 21st.’ 

A large cordon is in place on Harlesden’s high street and police remain at the scene searching for evidence.

This latest shooting comes just days after another three people were shot in Brent on Monday.

Three men, including a teenager, were shot during another night of bloodshed in London, with one 21-year-old man suffering life-changing injuries.

Police found a 17-year-old boy with a gunshot wound when they were called to Dog Lane in Brent late on August 15.

They found two more victims nearby, a man aged 21, and another man in his early 20s.

Officers provided emergency first aid to the victims until the arrival of paramedics, at which point they were all taken to hospital. 

An onlooker said: ‘The first man was shot in the stomach and the other two ran away.

‘The two running away were shot at. One of them was hit in the arm and the other in the leg. They kept running but fell once they got to the path.’

Police firearms officers responded to Monday’s incident, but any suspects had already fled the scene when they arrived.

It is understood that no arrests have yet been made. 

Just over a week ago a third shooting led to the death of 25-year-old Kacey Boothe on Saturday, August 13.

He was shot in Forest Rise, Walthamstow, east London shortly before 9.30pm and was taken to hospital by car, where he sadly died. 

Source: Read Full Article