Earlier today (15 August 2023), Shytoshi Kusama, the pseudonymous lead developer of the Shiba Inu (SHIB) project, gave a highly anticipated speech in Toronto at the 5th Annual Blockchain Futurist Conference (August 15-16, 2023), which calls itself “Canada’s Largest Crypto, Web3, and Blockchain Event”.
- Kusama began by addressing humanity’s growing need for change, highlighting the challenges faced by many due to inflation and other global crises, including natural and unnatural disasters, wars, and rumors of wars.
- He emphasized that these challenges are not by chance and criticized the centralized power structures, stating that we have placed our trust in the secrets of a few instead of the power of many.
The Power of Meme and Global Change:
- Kusama posed a question about whether a meme, which started as a joke, can bring about lasting global change.
- While many might dismiss the idea, thinking “it’s just crypto,” Kusama emphasized that Shiba Inu (SHIB) is on a different trajectory. He mentioned that while many competitors focus solely on technology, SHIB’s strength lies in its community, the “Shib Army.”
Shib’s Unique Position:
- Kusama highlighted the achievements of the Shiba Inu project, mentioning how they have broken records, overwhelmed websites with traffic, and achieved what many thought was impossible.
- He emphasized the decentralized nature of the project and its community-driven approach, which sets it apart from others.
- Shib Paper: Kusama announced the unveiling of a significant document known as the “Shib Paper,” which will be released to the public for free.
- 44 Tenants to Triumph in Crypto: Kusama introduced a guide filled with ancient wisdom combined with his personal experiences from three years in the crypto space. This guide, tentatively titled “The 44 Tenants to Triumph in Crypto,” is designed primarily for newcomers. He announced the creation of up to 10,000 copies, each signed by him and endowed with an exclusive scent. Each of these collectible copies is priced at one Ethereum. However, for those who find it expensive, an Amazon pre-order will soon be available.
- Kusama concluded his speech by expressing gratitude to the community and emphasizing the collective power of their minds to right the wrongs of the world.
- He posed a rhetorical question about participation in a revolution that wasn’t televised, hinting at the decentralized and grassroots nature of the Shiba Inu movement.
- The speech ended with a sign-off, “Sincerely, Shytoshi Kusama via AI obviously,” followed by the phrase “Hail Shib.”
Source: Read Full Article