PRINCE Harry wants to have his own journalist at the unveiling of a statue dedicated to his late mother Princess Diana, it's claimed.
The Duke will reportedly have a friendly reporter at his side – amid claims the seeming rift between he and brother William has only deepened in recent months.
– Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates
The pair are due at Kensington Palace in London on July 1 — their first meeting since Philip’s funeral in April.
But their reunion is likely to be frosty, even though they've called a truce for the important memorial.
And relations have been strained further after a royal author alleged William split the brothers' households because he could no longer bear to be around Harry and Meghan.
It comes as:
- Prince Charles is to ensure grandson Archie, two, will never be a prince
- William thought Meghan had an 'agenda', a bombshell book reveals
- And he 'simply didn't want Meghan and Harry around' before tearing their households asunder, it's claimed
- A pal of Meghan's claims 'several' conversations were had by the Royal Family about the colour of Archie's skin before he was born
- Meghan and Harry were paid a staggering £486,000 per minute for their single Spotify episode
Now, the Mail on Sunday claims Harry will be accompanied by a hand-picked reporter for the day after he and the Duchess criticised the British press.
Not wishing to leave the statue unveiling at Kensington Palace to the official 'royal rota' of journalists, they are now expected to "appoint" at least one approved writer to work alongside them.
It's understood that on the day of the commemoration, the princes will leave Kensington Palace together, walk to the statue then deliver their own speeches.
Sadly, sources say there has been no reconciliation since Harry and wife Meghan trashed the Royal Family in their explosive Oprah Winfrey interview in March.
Indeed, it's claimed they are further apart than ever.
A source said: “Harry and William have only communicated by text since the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral.
"There have not been any personal chats or proper talks, just a very brief and minimal exchange of text messages.
“The relationship is still very much strained and there’s no sign yet that there will be any sort of coming together any time soon.”
And someone close to the statue planning committee said: “The boys will walk out together out of respect for their mum but there’s been no reconciliation.
“Charles will leave the boys to it.
"Harry will need to quarantine for at least five days when he lands in England, most likely at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.
“Charles has made it quite clear he will not be around beyond that because he is going to Scotland. There is no planned meeting.”
Meanwhile, author Robert Lacey’s book Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of a Family in Tumult revealed William “went ballistic” at distressing claims Meghan bullied Palace aides.
He is then said to have confronted his younger brother in a “fierce and bitter” bust-up.
Palace insiders say a “dossier of distress” was assembled into the alleged bullying.
William is said to have been “instantly furious” at the claims.
The Sussexes have repeatedly denied the bullying allegations, and say they have been smeared.
According to a pal of William, the prince rang Harry in autumn 2018. Harry is said to have “flared up in furious defence of his wife” before slamming down the phone.
It was then, according to the book, that “William went to speak to him personally”.
The book says their meeting was “fierce and bitter” with William “hurt and betrayed”, says the pal.
And it added: “He had seen it as his job to look out for Harry but this was the moment the protection had to stop."
The row erupted when Kensington Palace communications chief Jason Knauf emailed William’s private secretary claiming Meghan was mistreating staff.
Palace workers had already coined the “half-joke” hashtag #freeHarry when Knauf felt it important to raise the allegations.
Elsewhere in the book, it's alleged William felt Meghan was following an “agenda” during her time in the Royal Family and planned to return to the US, taking Harry with her.
The book claims that Kate had been “wary of Meghan from the start”.
Royal sources deny this.
Source: Read Full Article