PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have "no regrets" about their interviews but want "peace" with the Royal Family, it is claimed.
The couple have made numerous explosive claims in recent months, but are now said to want a quiet life following the birth of their second child.
🔵 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates
Harry, 36, and Meghan's tell-all chat with Oprah Winfrey sent shockwaves through Buckingham Palace.
Meghan, 39, claimed Archie wasn't made a prince after "concerns and conversations" about "how dark" his skin would be when he was born.
She also revealed she had felt suicidal after joining the Royal Family while Harry said his dad and brother were "trapped" in the Firm, which had also tried to "smear" Meghan.
And in his interview with Dax Shepard on the Armchair Expert podcast, the duke claimed his life is like the film The Truman Show and he feels "more free" now he lives in LA.
He also accused his family of showing "total neglect" for his mental health and claimed dad Charles made him "suffer" in documentary The Me You Can't See.
An insider told Us Weekly: "It’s no secret that the last year Harry and Meghan have been at war with the royals.
"All is not forgiven, but after all the backlash regarding their interviews — which by the way, the pair have no regrets about — they’re trying their utmost to maintain a good relationship with the Queen in order to keep the peace."
Her Majesty is said to be one of the first people the Duke and Duchess of Sussex told about the birth of their daughter.
"She has put the drama from the interviews aside and is overjoyed to be a great-grandmother again," a source said.
Lilibet 'Lili' Diana Mountbatten-Windsor was born at 11.40am at a Santa Barbara hospital on June 4.
Harry and Meghan shared the news two days later, saying: "She is more than we could have ever imagined, and we remain grateful for the love and prayers we’ve felt from across the globe.
"Thank you for your continued kindness and support during this very special time for our family."
But despite the good news, a sensational war of words erupted over her name.
The row was started when a Palace source told the BBC the Sussexes "never asked" Her Majesty about using her childhood nickname.
Harry then hit back just 90 minutes later saying his grandmother was "supportive" of his choice of name and the couple wouldn't have used it if this wasn't the case.
The battle then intensified after Harry and Meghan threatened the BBC with legal action through law firm Schillings.
It has only added to tensions following several bombshell claims made by the royal couple since their move to the US.
Source: Read Full Article