A MUM charged with killing her two children in a horror smash on the M1 "while driving back from a party" has gone on the run.
Mary McCann, 35, was due to appear before Aylesbury Crown Court on Friday to answer two charges of causing death by dangerous driving.
But Judge Francis Sheridan has now issued a warrant – not backed for bail – for her arrest after her "tactical" escape and wants the Home Office to put ports and airports on alert for her.
"It is most likely she will flee to Ireland," he said. "This is a sad case, but by absconding to avoid the indictment being put, is in my view tactical."
The mother-of-two, of Derby, was driving on the northbound carriageway between junctions 14 and 15, near Milton Keynes, when her white Vauxhall Astra collided with a lorry.
Her "superhero” son Smaller, was killed in the devastating collision on his 10th birthday along with her four-year-old "princess” daughter Lilly, on August 9 at around ten past eleven at night.
The funerals of the tragic pair were held earlier this week.
The driver of the Scania HGV was unhurt, but the crash caused travel chaos as the motorway was closed for 12 hours.
McCann was taken to hospital suffering from shock with her third child who was a passenger with her siblings, before she was later arrested.
Another family member earlier told how McCann had been driving back from party in London.
Prosecutor Heather Stangoe told the judge: "Unfortunately, we do not know where she is. We were informed through her solicitor that they had failed to make contact with the defendant.
"Her bail address was her sister’s and she is not there. It was the funeral of her children this week.
"Her one-year-old child is with the grandmother and is safe."
Defence barrister Laban Leake: "The funerals were on Monday and Tuesday.
"She is no longer at the aunt’s address. She gave a telephone number (for her). An attempt was made to contact that number, but there was no response.
"We know nothing of her state of mind," he said of the 35-year-old.
Source: Read Full Article