The snow is melting in the high country, and most people have put away their snowmobiles and are dusting off their dirt bikes for the summer. But this year, there’s a motocross track in Eagle County that is hoping to lure riders with the promise of cool temperatures and great riding.
High in the hills of Eagle County, the roar of Dirt Bike engines is getting louder.
If you go
The Dry Lake MX Park is open roughly May 1 through September, 7 days a week from sunup to sundown. 3730 Trail Gulch Road, Gypsum. A valid RMSR registration is required in addition to a day pass ($20) or season pass ($275). rmsrco.com
“When this place first opened, we had 15, 16 guys coming; now we have 50-60 riders, and it’s awesome. I love it up here,” volunteer Ryley Murphy said.
The Dry Lake Motocross Park is gaining momentum as one of the “coolest” places to ride in Colorado.
Now in its fourth year, volunteers say the facility’s six tracks are getting better, and thanks to support from Eagle County and the Town of Gypsum, local riders have a place to be proud of.
Read the full story from our partner at thedenverchannel.com.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, The Adventurist, to get outdoors news sent straight to your inbox.
- Minturn Bike Park now open for first full season in Eagle County
- “The Yard” mountain bike skills park opens in Fremont County
- Colorado’s newest mountain bike park is “awesome”
- The Palisade Plunge, a new mountain biking trail in Mesa County, expected to open in July
- New online tool maps Eagle County wildlife migration, habitats
Source: Read Full Article