Nearly 60,000 customers around metro Denver were without electricity Wednesday afternoon as winds whipped to 90 mph around the Front Range.
As of 6 a.m on Thursday, there were still 394 outages affecting 6,944 customers.
The worst outage is near Belmar in Lakewood, with 771 customers impacted. Most outages lasting overnight were on the west side of town, where the wind was the strongest.
The National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder reported gusts up to 91 mph just after 10 a.m. on Wednesday.
Officials are still tallying all the damage done by the storm.
Xcel Energy customers can report outages in several ways:
- Via the Xcel Energy mobile app available on iOS and Android
- Online at xcelenergy.com/out
- Text ‘OUT’ to 98936 to report an outage, or text STAT to the same number to check the status of a power outage.
- Call 1-800-895-1999 and follow the prompts — the automated phone reporting system lets customers report outages in less than 60 seconds. Once the cause of the problem is identified, the system or an Xcel Energy representative will provide customers with an estimated restoration time.
- An outage map for Xcel customers in Colorado can be found here.
Source: Read Full Article