Beloved dog left brain-damaged and disabled after loud fireworks display

A devastated dog owner has claimed a firework display in her hometown left her puppy brain-damaged and unable to walk.

Maria Fernanda Carranza said her young dog was diagnosed with brain damage following the festival in Jalisco, Mexico.

Carranza posted a photo of her dog on Facebook, with the message: “Today my dog was diagnosed with brain damage caused by the fireworks.

“My baby cannot walk, open his mouth, hold his head up and he is convulsing.

The Facebook post went viral with 40,000 reactions and 30,000 shares.

She insisted nobody was responsible for the incident, before adding: “I hope all ‘good Catholics’ are aware of the pain experienced by other people and animals for your festival parties.

  • Dog savaged defenceless cat to death as dad-of-two owner who egged him on jailed

  • Dog bashed to death by teen gang with bricks as he howled in pain

One wrote in reaction: “The authorities should ban fireworks, there are other ways of holding parties and celebrations.

"I hate it when the noise forces my dogs to hide and I have to turn up the TV to cover up the sound of the fireworks.”

Another said: “It is true, I had a puppy that died when a religious procession used fireworks on the street.”

One more wrote: “The brain damage could be caused by stress.

In 2015, Julie Doorne, launched a petition in a bid to restrict the use of fireworks to reduce stress and fear in animals and pets, which has received over 500,000 signatures.

The petition stated: “Fireworks can cause serious distress to animals. They don’t only suffer psychologically, but also physically as many attempt to run away, or hide from the bangs.”

  • Loyal labrador mauled by bulldog as blind owner tried to protect him

The Brit government responded to the petition on 5 November 2015, saying: “We are aware that fireworks can cause distress to animals. Restrictions on the general public’s use of fireworks, and permitted noise levels, already exist and we have no plans to extend them.

“There is a noise level limit of 120 decibels on fireworks for home use.

“We realise, however, that even at this level fireworks noise can be distressing to some animals and refer owners to advice on keeping animals safe during fireworks periods.”

Earlier this month, Metro reported an 18-year-old puppy had died from a heart attack on November 4 after being startled from the loud noises caused by fireworks in Yorkshire.

Dog owner Susan Paterson revealed the tragic news on Facebook, saying: “Due to the enormous amount of fireworks with loud bangs going off around Wombwell and lower Darfiel last night, we lost a young terrier with a heart attack.

“Please think of the animals. Molly was only 18 weeks old and died of FRIGHT caused by fireworks.”

Paterson shared Julie Doorne’s petition calling for a review of firework rules.

Source: Read Full Article