'You opened the f—ing doors for 'em!': Joe Scarborough tears into Capitol Police over flimsy security and racial double standards
- MSNBC host Joe Scarborough went on a rant Thursday morning, excoriating Capitol Police for what he described as an egregious double standard.
- Scarborough echoed sentiments shared by others in the aftermath of Wednesday's storming of the Capitol regarding how police treated the pro-Trump rioters compared to Black Lives Matter protesters in the nation's capital over the summer.
- "If these insurrectionists were Black, they would have been shot in the face," the "Morning Joe" host said.
- "So I wanna know from the Capitol Hill police, what is it? Is it just white people?" he added.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Joe Scarborough, the host of MSNBC's "Morning Joe," tore into Capitol Police during his show on Thursday morning, accusing them of holding off in their use of force against pro-Trump rioters while cracking down hard on Black Lives Matter protesters over the summer.
"If these insurrectionists were Black, they would have been shot in the face," he said.
Many of the rioters who breached the Capitol on Wednesday afternoon were allowed to leave the building without being arrested, despite the numerous officers attacked, lawmakers' offices ransacked, and various objects stolen from the complex.
"And my god, if these insurrectionists were Muslim, they would have been sniped from the top of buildings," Scarborough continued. "So I wanna know from the Capitol Hill police, what is it? Is it just white people?
"Or is it Donald Trump supporters? Why do you scream at people walking across the street three blocks away from the Capitol?" he added, referring to when BLM protesters were hit with tear gas and rubber bullets to clear the way for President Donald Trump's infamous June photo-op in front of St. John's Church.
Scarborough then turned his rant up a notch with some profanity on-air.
"Why are you not as bad asses around the Capitol, but then Trump supporters come in, and you open the f—ing doors for 'em!" Scarborough said.
One of the show's panelists was heard muttering "Oh my god" when Scarborough dropped the F-bomb on live TV.
"You opened the doors for 'em!" Scarborough went on. "And let them breach the people's house. What is wrong with you?"
Source: Read Full Article