Daily Crypto News – May 21
1) TD Ameritrade invests in Eris-X: According to an official announcement, the organization revealed that they had made an investment in ErisX, a company which is planning to offer both cryptocurrency spot contracts and future contracts in a single exchange.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2w7Udiu
2) Tron DApps achieve new feat: Compared to Ethereum [ETH] and EOS, Tron registered a higher number of new users and active users. It noted 60k new users, while Ethereum reported 25K and EOS reported 9k. The active users on Tron’s DApps platform were 172k, followed by EOS with 170k and ETH with 54k.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2M0a4dN
3) Tron Weekly Report: The report said that the foundation had tested the block broadcast optimization solution, and the optimization solution for energy deduction in transaction failure. However, the Foundation was still working on the on-chain rate of transactions, which were broadcasted by GPRC.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HDahhu
4) Bitrefill launches giftwards on Amazon China: This year saw the highest number of collaborations aimed at crypto-enablement. In yet another addition to the growing list of such collaborations, Amazon China has partnered with a Lightning network service provider, Bitrefill.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2WftMWQ
5) Bug bounty hunters receive huge reward: According to latest reports, ethical hackers ‘earned’ almost $32,000 in seven weeks by fixing bugs on Tron, Brave, EOS, Coinbase, and more, via bug bounty programs. Between March 28 and May 16, almost 15 blockchain ventures paid rewards to security researchers for finding vulnerabilities.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2M1SjL0
6) Circle’s Jeremy Allaire on SEC: In a recent blog post, the CEO stated that digital assets were a “fundamental new class of financial instruments”, one which could not be clubbed with categories such as securities, commodities, and currencies.
Read more at https://bit.ly/30uGrV7
7) Binance’s CZ global crypto-adoption: While speaking at the 10th Asian Leadership Conference 2019 in South Korea, Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao aka CZ, commented, “If you don’t want to be left out in the future, you will have to embrace it.” CZ added that cryptocurrencies “could not be ignored” and added that the ones who are doing so would end up making themselves “poorer”.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2LWYxvH
Source: Read Full Article