‘Jersey Shore’ star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro won’t face charges on domestic violence arrest, ‘seeking medical treatment’

LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Jersey Shore” star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro will not be charged after an arrest on suspicion of domestic violence last month, authorities said Thursday. 

Los Angeles city attorney’s spokesman Rob Wilcox said his office opted not to file charges against the 35-year-old reality TV personality, but it will charge him with a probation violation from another domestic violence case. 

Ortiz-Magro pleaded no contest last year to domestic battery and resisting arrest. He remained on probation from that case when police arrested him in the coastal Playa Del Rey section of Los Angeles last month. Neither police nor prosecutors would give any details on the victim or the incident that brought the most recent arrest.

Background: ‘Jersey Shore’ star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro arrested for alleged domestic violence

"Jersey Shore" star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro will not be charged after an arrest on suspicion of domestic violence last month, authorities said Thursday. (Photo: Willy Sanjuan, Invision/AP)

The case was referred to the city attorney’s office for possible misdemeanor charges after the district attorney declined to file felony charges. 

Ortiz-Magro’s attorneys said “there was a rush to judgment by the media” after his arrest. 

“We are very happy that after further investigation both the LA County District Attorney’s office and the LA City Attorney’s office determined that criminal charges were not warranted against Ronnie,” lawyers Scott E. Leemon and Leonard Levine said in a statement. “We will review the alleged violation of probation claim and deal with it accordingly.” 

They added that Ortiz-Magro “is currently seeking medical treatment for psychological issues that he has ignored for a long time” as he seeks to make himself a “better person and the best father he can be to his loving daughter.”

Ortiz-Magro took to Instagram Stories Thursday afternoon announcing that he will “step away” from “Jersey Shore: Family Vacation,” reiterating what his lawyers said. 

“After talking to the team at MTV, we have mutually agreed that I will step away from the show while I seek medical treatment for mental health issues that I’ve ignored for too long,” he wrote. “My number one goal is now is facing my struggles head on. This process difficult, but my #1 priority is to get healthy and be the best man and the best father I can for my daughter.”

Ortiz-Magro is father to Ariana Sky Magro, 3.

The reality TV star appeared on MTV’s original “Jersey Shore” from 2009 to 2012.

Source: Read Full Article